Go to end of page
Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.
All drugs have side effects -- even Tylenol.
Meanwhile you're collecting a big old check as steroids helps explode revenue streams in MLB.
Gibbons also got 15 days. This was announced hours after Guillen signed with the Royals and Moore is quoted as saying they knew this might be coming when they signed him. Chances are Moore was waiting to hear how long the suspension would be before finalizing the contract.
I wonder if the union isn't leaning hard on Braun and Arod to take the suspensions because they don't want to fight for the Latin players implicated - most of whom are not US citizens, speak English as a second language at best, and could face a load of other legal hurdles to their employment even if the union fights back.
If we get word that Braun wanted to fight it but the union wouldn't support him, then there's a massive problem with the union.
I actually thought it bizarre the union didn't see this coming and went along with it for so long. How hard would it have been for the union to hire some health professionals and lecture the guys on the health risks of PEDs? Even outside of the immediate self-interest of baseball, the union was passively abetting a lot of illegal behavior that was going to bite them in the ass sooner or later.
This was a standard portion of the union's annual Spring Training tour. Every player was lectured on the health risks and legalities every single year in Spring Training.
I think it's just evidence that 90% of their membership wants the users busted, and have made it clear they don't want to go to the mattresses for known users. Nothing more than that.
If you're a teamster and you embezzle millions of dollars from your boss and your boss and the DA can prove it, the Union can't save you. The Union guys will probably tell you to take the best deal you can get.
one thing i have learned fer sher from the lawyers around here is that there is this thing called precedent and once you give e inch you can't never get it back
Moreover, wouldn't he say something? He released a statement. He certainly could've said, "The Union gave me nothing." I know if I were in a union and I went to them for help and they didn't help me, I would find the first reporter who cared and give them my story.
So that would basically mean that well less than 10% of players are using, yes? I mean, if 90% are determined to see users busted, then they musn't be using themselves, and if most of the remaining 10% are indifferent than that basically says to me that only about 1-5% of players are using, so steroids usage must not be the problem that everyone says it is, then.
Jesus christ we have no idea what evidence mlb has. People in this thread are making absurd judgments without that knowledge. If mlb has ironclad damning evidence, the union is probably absolutely correct to stand aside and let Braun "take his lumps".
You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.
Login to Join (0 members)
Page rendered in 0.2659 seconds, 58 querie(s) executed